After my last surgery they sent me home with liquid oxycodone, which worked much better than the liquid morphine.

But again, I do understand your frustration. I too was hungry and the dietary department kept sending up diet food with low calorie written all over it. They must have considered me a pain, because I kept sending it back telling them I've lost ENOUGH weight and to send me stuff with maximum calories in it.

One nurse walked into my room and went on and on about this soap opera that she always watches at that particular time (guess she was hoping I would change the channel so she could watch her favorite soap) I just sort of assumed a blank stare... lol.

Everytime I have gone into the hospital, they have had a shortage of patient rooms. The first time in January, they put me on an "overflow" area where they had cheaply converted office space into patient rooms. All patients had to share a bathroom down the hall. It was gross and they weren't real good about cleaning it after taking samples. The last time they had to leave me in the recovery area after surgery for an hour longer because there were no rooms available.

Michael you don't sound jaded or unappreciative, but realistic. One sort of HAS to stay on top of it all. Even at my last appointment, they mentioned a CT scan coming up in September. If I hadn't brought up questions on scan and followup care, I probably wouldn't have known. They also told me that I can't always count on someone contacting me about scheduling it up, so somewhere in the back of my mind I have to remember that if they don't call me about the CT scan, I better get on the phone and make the arrangements so THAT very important item doesn't fall through the cracks.

Jen