Maureen, i don't think I have any infection at either site or from the fillings. I don't have that sensation of infection, nor is there any heat or significant pain. Plus, no fevers.

Today, the sockets are better still, I just think I'm hyper-sensitive to anything going on with my body. :-(

My gums and the empty sockets feel more "itchy" than anything...I know that sounds weird, but I'm hoping it just a sign of healing.

More than anything, I'm still battling this cold I caught on the plane. First it was just in my throat, then my chest, and now my sinuses...I was up all night with a runny nose and congestion...Now a major sinus headache!!! UUUgh! I was hoping I'd be fit for this last before tx starts to get a ton of stuff done here, plus enjoy the last few days...OH well.

Nelie, you're right about the port. I've asked both the Dr and the RO about Amifostine, but they both say not to use it, so I don't think I'll need the port...

I'll let you know :-)

Thank you for the sweet, uplifting words, I appreciate it!

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.