Nellie:

Thanks for the comments. Regarding Dr's initials, it's just for reference to those who already know the Dr by name.

I think the reason we don't use whole names is for 2 reasons, (I am guessing), 1) liability (for statements made about a professional here), and; 2) the "free advertising" one might get.

Using the initials solves these issues and sticks to the spirit of the rules.

I'll be happy to be your guniea pig about the swimming...You should know however that I have found several different types of G-Tubes out there and it may have something to do with the type. There are NG, PEG. PEJ. BUTTON & GT/JT to name a few. I think Brian mentioned using bags for his, and mine uses a syringe instead.

As far as Dr's statements, I think you put more stock in their opinions than I do. Just by the shear fact that they disagree on some many minor issues is evidence some are wrong. They can't all be right when they give conflicting information.

I trust and respect the medical field, but they are not Gods.

I talked to a GI here and he said the eating same day had NOTHING whatsoever to do with the bloating/discomfort, and it was simply due to the technique used by the surgeon.

So, there you have it, another opinon smile

As far as stistics, you are right. But there are ways to interpret them for one's own intentions and I think now they are more confusing for me than anything else.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.