Hi Michael,
I have had this disease twice and am still around 8 years later so a reoccurence doesn't have to be a death sentence. There are several people on this board who are survivors of a lot longer than that.

Try some apple juice, flat ginger ale, Frasca and apple sauce. You really need to swallow stuff or you may lose the ability altogether. Try some scambled eggs, cream of wheat made with water with hot milk, honey and butter over it, yogurt, rare lamb chops with mint jelly, rare steak, prime rib, lobster, veggies that contain lots of water. Avoid anything with vinegar. I don't remember when I could handle citrus. I think it burned.

Once you get a little energy, you need to take short walks to keep the muscles going. You do not want to lose muscle mass through lack of exercise.

Attitude is very important in recovering from this so try to get control of this despression you seem to have. Take meds if that is what you need. You need to channel all your energy towards getting better and the sooner you start getting some real food and liquids down your throat regardless of how crappy (how do you know what dog crap tastes like anyway or did you ask Zack?) it tastes, the quicker you may feel better. Did they put you on Zinc or other supplements when they sent you home? They gave me Zinc, Vit C, and a multivitiman after rads.

Guiafenex really helped with the mucous. Tablets were huge and difficult to swallow. Maybe comes in a liquid.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I