I forgot about the decadron. They also gave me that during and after the second chemo (once it had been established that there was a whole bunch of stuff that didn't work from the first chemo). Decadron is a steroid, however, if I'm rememebering correctly, which means it will make you feel better but then you may feel worse after you go off it later (which I think was true for me too but thre was so MUCH making me feel bad then).

Zofran is expensive. My insurance covered it but the first time I got a scrip filled, my pharm insurance had just changed and they couldn't find me as covered in the computer so we got to see what we would have been charged for 20 Zofran pills had we not had insurance before the glitch was fixed....$900!!!! I suspect that some places don't presrcibe it at forst because some people don't need it--they respond fine to the other anti-nausea meds that are not so expensive.

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"