Well I have been coming and going from the Hospital for a Month now with a bag of bills to which i have just been able to pay with 2/3s so far help of my dear Brother and his wife.... and at last I am now getting near to the actual treatment.

They have brought it forward because my neck node is growing so fast, I have spent over $1.800US already with Doctors fees and the bulk on MRI Scan and today my PET-Scan and Cameras put inside of me, more needles yuk.

So now comes the roller costar ride, Radiation and Chemo from 5th November more bills, they say it will cost about $1000 US a week from here, for 7 weeks if I can keep the costs down, plus I have to have a few teeth pulled, or thy cant do the treatment for some reason....more expense, with a private dentist, as I found him quite cheap, with that later today, not looking forward to it at all, I hate dentists. By the time this is over at least I wont be worrying about needles much any more.

They seem to think I wont need a PEG so Ill see how I go, as we go along and they seem to think Ill be able to swallow, I dont take to much notice as the Thai people can put up with a lot more pain and the feeling of being uncomfortable, then we would, as they are taught not to complain.

But if I was in a Western Conutry, it would cost thousands more, by the time I'm finish, so at least if it keeps me alive, I have to keep up my strength and continu no matter how I feel.

Yes Thanks Kelly211,

Most people will not understand there is such a lot of difference being sick in a third world conutry, even though here in Thailand they do have all the latest facilities, as good as if not better then the Uk in some ways, but on the down side, there are some things you dont get here,
Ill keep posting may eb some guys are interesyed even though they have been through it all before themselves, but from here, it all sound horrendous the road I travel from here on.

Last edited by Teacher jon; 10-31-2009 01:41 AM.

"Base of Tongue Cancer", may be HPV cancer. swollen lymph nodes, half the tongue base Now T2/3 N2 MRI scan and simulation mask, 4 Chemo/35 rad of 35. Tumors gone. can eat. MRI April 19th , Nodes now all gone, was 6 cm, weight GAIN to 81 kg but found 2.1 grey area on MRI. Biopsy next.