"yes I'm very positive now, but what I will feel like if i have been up all night feeling sick and have to force my self to work each day, then I dont know what I will be like."

Hi, Jon -

Projecting and worrying about what might happen takes energy away from dealing with what *is* happening and creates a feeling of hopelessness. The best you can do is take things one day at a time -literally. You can prepare practical aspects for your recovery - food and supplies you may need, for example. Still, you can't prepare for every eventuality because no one can predict the future. But you will have an arsenal of supplies at your disposal to help you.

I know this is easier said than done. I believe you're doing the best you can under the circumstances. You seem organized, so I think planning the practical is something you're already doing. That's your strength. Work from your strength.

Good luck. I'll be thinking about you next week.

Marlene

Marginal mandibulectomy 6/17/08 resulted in DX of Stage I SCC - gingiva (3 mm) right mandible, buccal side. Clear margins. Occasional social drinker. Smoked last cigarette in 1979. Clear pet: 12/08; 7/20/09. Yay!