Hi All,

I�m new here, I have just been Informed I have �base of the tongue cancer� and I hope you guys are going to help me live as long as possible� with a good quality of health. With all the latest Information you can give me.

I am a teacher in Thailand after going bankrupt in the UK /England some years ago and could not find work while in my 50s/60 I had a friend working as a teacher in Thailand, he said come here you and get a job teaching, I did and I just love it.

All was great until 8 weeks ago, when I found an ulcer at the back of my throat, I sorted it out with Antibiotics, then a week later my lymph node swelled, I went to the hospital in Bangkok, very good Bumrangrad Hospital, after having a MRI scan, to be told last Saturday, I have a mass at the back of my tongue.

I have a choice, Cut out my tongue and voice box, I�m now 64 no thank you, or Radiation and chemo treatments.

I have read about this treatment working well, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18528311 have any one here heard of it and know I it will help me, I do not think they can give it to me in the UK where I will have to have treatment soon, as my medical Insurance is basic and runs out soon, in Thailand and I have only the wages I make each month no savings.

I wonder if anyone has had this, the doctor did say it may be the HMV Virus, so I do not know, if what looks like half the base of my tongue, mass on the MRI scan, can be treated at all.
Please help.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited by Teacher jon; 09-23-2009 04:00 AM.

"Base of Tongue Cancer", may be HPV cancer. swollen lymph nodes, half the tongue base Now T2/3 N2 MRI scan and simulation mask, 4 Chemo/35 rad of 35. Tumors gone. can eat. MRI April 19th , Nodes now all gone, was 6 cm, weight GAIN to 81 kg but found 2.1 grey area on MRI. Biopsy next.