Re the Peg, I didn't get one more from being stubborn than critical thinking but personally I wouldn't get it if I had to do over (for the first time) knowing what I know now. The Peg definitely has it's plusses in that you can get the recommended nourishment and hydration when the Tx is in high gear but it also, to me, has it's disadvantages. Very personal issue with recommendations going both ways.

Re the port, I didn't have it recommended so I never got to choose and I probably would have made the decision NOT to have one put in BUT after going thru Tx I definitely would want that sucker installed before I started Tx especially if you don't get a Peg.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.