Jon, slow down some and use logic for some things. Such as whole pinea[[le from the tree into your stomache thru a tube. I don't think so. Yes it will be nice if you put on a few pounds in order to cover what you will lose. I lost 70 lbs and didn't hve a peg, but maybe should have had one. That wasover 2 years ago when I had the dissection and surgery. I went fro 220 down to 147 which is a few more than 70. I had just gotten back up to 180 and a Cat Scn showed that I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm reocurrence, The Surgeon did manage to repair the upper half of it, waiting for the right time to do the bottom yet. I went back down to 160 and am now at 174. As for biotene products and aquaphor, I used both and still use the mouth wash a few times a day. Yes Biotene products do help with the moisture. Use the tooth paste to brush with and if like me , the teeth had to go, brush the tongue and inside of your mouth.The Aquaphor I used all the time and my shin was almost normal about 3 weeks after the surgery. As for nausea, I was lucky and never had that feeling. maybe because I only had liquids. I think it would be best if you stopped worrying and wondering, but take it as it happens. Keep an upbeat mind set if you can and it remember, happy thoughts are much easier to handle. Good luck Jon and you will handle this depending on your outlook. Jim-=-- email me with questions if you want and I will try to answer your questions.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here