Jon,

If our health system or any welfare system we pay for was ONLY for the people that TRULY deserved our help then I'm not against it in principal. Problem is at least here in the US that our current welfare systems take care of millions and millions of people that are able to work and should be working but choose to let THE SYSTEM care for them and their babies while their babies' daddies, usually multiple, get off scott free. Oh and the baby daddies usually sell drugs and avoid paying taxes altogether also. These same people seem to always have money for cars, cell phones, nails, etc while we, the hard working taxpayers, pay for their food, rent, health care, education and even clothing.

Anyway on to your real questions:

Re the water: I figured out that I needed to drink 6 cans of VHC and 6 glasses of water a day. I then divided those up into my new normal waking hours and figured I had to drink at least 1 can or glass every hour. When I felt up to it I would drink 2 to get ahead but often I would drink something and then toss it right back up. Hurt like hell going down and even worse coming right back up. Bear in mind that the worst of my Tx was from about the 5th week in to the 3rd week post Tx with the worst being the weeks POST Tx.

Re calories: I would shoot for 3000 per day and yes any of the VHC types are nutritionally balanced and perfect to sustain you through your Tx and recovery. I drank the VHC for over a year past my Tx.

I hope you are one of the ones that can work during Tx. I had full intentions to do so but I was out of it for about 2 months and even then had to slowly return to a full day's work.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.