Unfortunately I get one step forward and two back living here, what I thought was the total package for my treatment and my brother has kindly sent the balance of the treatment money all he has, it turns out now, that was only for the first part of the treatment, The PET-CT and now they want to know where the balance of the money is coming from, before they start the treatment, I said we will have to first see what BUPA will pay, the very minimal, judging by the previous amount they offered, for the PET I expect, then we can proceed.

So now I need the money for a 5 day stay in hospital for Chemo, as the lymph node has doubled in a month its so fast growing. so they would have to monitor the Chemo in hospital for any side affects as this needs drastic Chemo first for a week.

Then IMRT Radiation therapy, combined with chemo, with the PET scan to evaluate the extent of the cancer now, with IMRT treatment planning.

So as you see, I am now very worried, because he also added if the treatment does not start soon, it could get passed the stage where it is treatable, at the moment he says, he is still able to kill the cancer cells in my body.

So if I cant get the balance, I'm a dead man, as others have told me, while your waiting to be treated in the UK you die, if you have not lived there for a few years, as I have not, the funny thing is as from january, I have enough money monthly coming into pay off any bill, but no one can borrow money here. if I wait that long, he said with the speed of the cancer, Id be a dead man waiting.

So just waiting to see my fate, like a man in the death cell, quite frightening really. so this is a new one fo you guys, not that any one can help with this sort of problem, it sure feels good to air it.

By the way any one know of a charitable trust, who would lend me a few thousand to save my life, i could pay it back quick, no one I know here have any spare money lol

I know I'm deaming or is it some sort of a night mare, I;m not waking up from, hopfully it will work out some how, time will tell, thanks for listening any way, sorry I'm a bit dizzy with it all at the moment, Please forgive me as you know when it hits you, its all a very strange terrifying feeling. with being alone now also, its all a bit hard to take in.

Last edited by Teacher jon; 10-20-2009 04:33 AM.

"Base of Tongue Cancer", may be HPV cancer. swollen lymph nodes, half the tongue base Now T2/3 N2 MRI scan and simulation mask, 4 Chemo/35 rad of 35. Tumors gone. can eat. MRI April 19th , Nodes now all gone, was 6 cm, weight GAIN to 81 kg but found 2.1 grey area on MRI. Biopsy next.