Well the day is near for the start of the treatment, now saturday 31st October. I'm so glad it has been brought forward as my lymph node is throbbing nightly now and I cant sleep well if i lay on it, I take tyronol nightly to stop the throbbing, I hope its not an ominous sign, that it is swelling weekly now and is 6cm.

I start on saturday with the making of the Mask, after that I dont know, I think I was told a week later they start the first Chemo in hospital for a week to monitor it, to me its like jumping from a cliff on a bungy and hope some time in a few months time ill be catapulted back up with a srunken lymph node and no signs of the base of the tongue cancer.....so who knows if that will Zonk me out to much, but it is of the utmost Importance I work through this its the key to me staying here and continuing the treatment. to late to go to the UK.

When do you think i will need to start eating liquid food or have mouth dry gel ready and some thing for the flem you said.

can you tell me the week by week plan i should take into consideration. how much food a day and water do I take in.

than you for any up dates you can give me and if you think I can continue with out a PEG PORT let me know if is it an individual thing.

Can you tell me as the treatment will now finish the week before christmas, will I be in any state to join friends for christmas dinner or will I be to sick for that.

"Base of Tongue Cancer", may be HPV cancer. swollen lymph nodes, half the tongue base Now T2/3 N2 MRI scan and simulation mask, 4 Chemo/35 rad of 35. Tumors gone. can eat. MRI April 19th , Nodes now all gone, was 6 cm, weight GAIN to 81 kg but found 2.1 grey area on MRI. Biopsy next.