Well at last I have had the meeting with my dream team, who hope to now cure me or at least give me a 70% chance of 5 years minimum, amazing if I have the money smile............They say now the 50/50 chance is if I go back to the UK where I would have to stay from more than 6 months, before I can see a Doctor free, as I have been out of the Country more than 2 years, then I would only be put on a long waiting list, may be 18 months, so then I could be dead, in 18 months, with this fast growing cancer, do it now and a cure can be given, they say! or 70% as I said.

They intend to give me Pet CT.
By making a Simulation to the shape of my face
For the IMRT Tom, to do its work,then they will put all the information into a Computer, to size it all up and the computer then does the operation in theory, all most Space age, then it will line up all the points, for the Tomo Therapy, may be what you guys have had done.

The team says because it has not metastasized, they can hopefully help me, but if I leave it may be not.

This Bumrungrad Hospital is World Class, and has all the latest treatments. all the latest equipment paid for by Dubai Arabs and Mr Taxin the ex Prime Minister, I was told.

http://www.bumrungrad.com/overseas-medical-care/medical-services/overview.aspx

The only problem I have is my medical insurance is very small and I only have minimal money coming in from Teaching here, the doctor said he has other teachers having this treatment, and has done many over the years, it�s not easy, but you can work with it, as in Thailand no work no Job. no Money.

So with that worry and I have to have a week in hospital, so that should be ok. So the first problem is finding the 12000 dollars it might cost, as insurance will only pay less than 1/6 of that, and then make sure my school will let me have 7 weeks of afternoons off...

The doctor said also I have T2 ... N2 stage, whatever that means. And the MIR says its moderate cancer. But looking at others with T1 I'm wondering if im kidding my self or the hospital is frown

Any advise please! As you can imagine, I�m in a daze with all this information, the doctor was so impressed I knew all the questions to ask. Thanks so many guys.

My ONCOLOGIST was trained by Dr Clifford Chao in Huston Texas.
http://www.weillcornell.org/physician/kscchao/index.html

Last edited by Teacher jon; 10-03-2009 06:55 AM.

"Base of Tongue Cancer", may be HPV cancer. swollen lymph nodes, half the tongue base Now T2/3 N2 MRI scan and simulation mask, 4 Chemo/35 rad of 35. Tumors gone. can eat. MRI April 19th , Nodes now all gone, was 6 cm, weight GAIN to 81 kg but found 2.1 grey area on MRI. Biopsy next.