Jon,
You need to talk to your medical team and find out what the equivalent products are that they use in Thailand. I'm certain they must have something for peg tubs, nausea, etc. Thrush medicine and most pain and nausea meds are prescription so your doctors there should be prescribing it. Biafine is also a prescription cream for radiation burns so you would need a script for that from the doctor and have to fill it locally.

If you have teeth that need to be pulled, they need to come out before radiation. Otherwise you will need 40 hyperbaric oxygen treatments afterwards before they can pull the teeth. These are not cheap either.

As for working, you may lose your voice or only have a whisper for a week or two. Can you possibly tape or video tape now the classes that you would have to teach the 5th -9th weeks of treatment? How much talking do you have to do during a normal teaching day. You say you ar teaching English. At what age or grade level are these kids?

When do your treatments start? Are you getting tomotherapy? What chemo drug will they use? Are they planning surgery after the radiation? If so, the normal hospital stay for a neck dissection is 5 days and you usually can't go back to work for a week or so. I went back to a desk job on day 8 and paid for it with a lot of pain.

I understand your need to be prepared but you should at least attempt to find out people use locally. You might even find that some of those products are better than what is available in the US. Do you have a starting date?

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I