I got a laugh, or at least a little bit of enjoyment about reading posts on this thread which I had not done until now.
A number of posts comment on others comments on weight, or lack thereof, after having gone through oral cancer treatment.
I have always been slender, and probably have lost 4 or 5 pounds, which is noticeable when you don't weigh very much. But I just have not been successful in putting any more on, although I eat well.

It always strikes me when people make comments like, "what will become of you if you lose anymore", etc, how they would never make comments to someone who was overweight, but they certainly will to someone who they think weighs too little. I imagine myself replying, "well, maybe you could give me some of your weight"; I could never say that, but I have thought it! And I also had stomach surgery 7 months ago where the bottom 20 percent of stomach was removed to get a non-aggressive sarcoma, not related to oral cancer. You'd think people who knew your story would not comment on weight and I guess they are concerned, but they definitely lack tact.

Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021