Angelia, you will be fine. Im really hoping you dont psych yourself out before things get started. You dont know yet how you will feel, please try to think positive. While going thru any kind of tx for cancer isnt easy, its easier if you think positively.

Getting a PEG tube in will be a little uncomfortable for the first day or two. Its an outpatient procedure. The fitting for the mask is no big deal, doesnt hurt.

Im concerned that you are getting worked up and scaring yourself so much that you have a difficult time of this. We will help you thru this, please be brave. Thinking positive will make this easier on you. Maybe focusing on the good things will help.

I know you have your church members to lean on. What about close family members and people in your own household? I have faith in knowing you will get thru this and be ok. It was caught early. You are being treated at a CC, right?

Please stop letting cancer steal your time. I know Donna already wrote about this somewhere on here. Now is the time to prepare. Enjoy your family and church. Do everything you wanted to do now. Take a walk with your kids, go out to dinner, even have a party. When I was first diagnosed, of course I was scared, but I went and did everything I wanted before I began my treatments. Then I did things like doing my spring cleaning and grocery chopping with easy things for the kids to make. Take pleasure in your day to day activities and give your mind a break from worrying about cancer.

I hope this helps you. Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma