I want to thank all of you for the chuckles that I got. As a caregiver, I too have gotten many ridiculous comments. One feller with an ego the size of Texas asked me how my husband was and when I told him that he was weak and doing his best to recover, he began to remind me how he had encouraged my husband to go to his feller, a biochemist, blah, blah, blah. And when I told him that we were sticking with Sloan Kettering and would follow doctor's advice as far as chemo and radiation, he had the audicity and stinkiness to reply that "well, that's what some of my family members did and they all died." My stomach goes into knots whenever I recall that recent conversation, and then I remind myself that he's being who he is and how could I expect otherwise.

1/23/09:R tonsil/tumor removed; spouse diagnosed SCC Stage T3N1M1; 2/6/09 PET shows lesions in liver; 3/2/09 Liver biopsy: AJCC Stage IVC; 3/5/09 Begin 3 rounds of Cisplatin Cocktail; 4/9/09 PET of liver: clean; 5/21/09:PEG; 5/26/09: radiation; 7/6/09: Complete 30 rad tx: hospitalized until 7/10/09