I have to share this web comment from Today's Washington Post.
The advice columnist had a question from a "friend" of a patient suffering from a chronic condition about how upset and disappointed the "friend" was about the patient disregarding alternative cures the "friend" found on the Internet and instead sticking with the doctor and regular medicine. The "friend" is called "LW2" (for letter writer two). I had to laugh out loud when I read this response from a reader (the internal quotes are from LW2's letter)
[quote]
As for LW2, ah, dear LW2: please know that I speak from the experience of someone who ALSO has fibromyalgia (among other things). I do my best to be reasonable and balanced in my posts, here and elsewhere; I may not always succeed, but I do try. So know that I speak from the heart, LW2 From California, when I say that you should be STABBED IN THE THROAT every time you open your mouth to your friend when you give her your UTTERLY IGNORANT "ADVICE". Thank you SO MUCH, Dr. Google, for your assumption that your friend isn't doing EVERYTHING SHE POSSIBLY CAN to manage her condition! No, really, you need to be punched. And "I think she should be more willing to listen to what I've found" - no, you need to be punched AGAIN, you self-satisfied egocentric LUNATIC. "I feel really unappreciated and am starting to wonder if she even wants to feel better." Well, you're partly right; your efforts are TOTALLY unappreciated, because they're ALL ABOUT YOU - but your friend WOULD like to feel better, so why don't you STOP ANNOYING HER, since you KNOW that's what you're doing ("She's gotten really annoyed with me for doing this"), and just SHUT THE FRICK UP ALREADY. You assume because she won't do it YOUR way that she doesn't want to get better? You WHINE that she sees her doctor and takes medication, but brushes YOU off? Way to make a really miserable condition All. About. You.

Shut up, LW2, just SHUT UP ALREADY.[/quote]
And NO, it wasn't me who posted the above reply to LW2 wink
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13