Hi Patty,

I've just been reading this thread and my heart goes out to you. I know it's hard to be your own advocate but I know you are strong and you can do it. I have some thoughts for you. First, get another opinion. I know this can be trying and hard but I think it is worth it. Maybe your sister can help? I agree with you about the scans. Who cares how much costs? If you know what you are dealing with it make you feel better. I'm not sure why the doctor doesn't get that. You may have said this and I missed it so I'm sorry. What does the doctor think about the swelling? Isn't there anything they can do for that? Cookey mentioned the lymphatic drainage. I am not an expert but I had a bubble filled with something on my tongue this past summer and they said it was because my lymphatic system was not draining properly. I talked to my dentist about it and he did oxygen ozone injections and that drained everything and I've been fine since. Again, I have no idea if this would help what you are dealing with but it can't hurt to ask. The only problem with that is most doctors don't know about it so they don't want to do it.

I'm always thinking of you:)

Suzanne
T1 SCC on right side of tongue
Age 31...27 when diagnosed
4 partial glossectomies
No chemo or radiation
Biopsy on 2/2/10-Clear
Surgery needed again...no later than April 2011
Loving life and just became a mother on 11/25/10
It's not what we CAN'T do..it's what we CAN do:)