Christine

Thanks for the tips I know that you are very knowledgeable on the feeding issues and I need all the help I can get - I have been using the feeding overnight one the past week or so. Monday we are replacing part of the tube on the outside that keeps plugging up. I wake up in the middle of the night soaked in food because it popped out or I got full and it popped open. I stated adding 4 oz of water per can yesterday and it is going better.

I have always done mine gravity and sometimes using the syringe and it only started making me sick about 4 weeks ago when I started fighting this infection. I am trying very hard to get the 5 per day. I messed up bad the past couple of days and only got 4, then 3 they yesterday less than 2 in me. I weight 89 lbs this morning!! I have been in the chair and hooked to the tube almost all day - when my stomach will accept food.

I also drink water, juice and a shake that I make that is 630 calories each. I did have a shake everyday this week so far.

The god news is that the abscess is MUCH smaller today and barely has anything coming out of it and it is almost all fluid. It does have a smell which is not good, but I am hoping to be on the downhill side of this infection which would help I bet. I have a low grade fever, but it has been coming and going for the past 3-4 weeks.

For now I will go back to the recliner and hook back up to my go juice. Hopefully I will be up and about better when the weather gets nicer too. I am fortunate that I have had friends here to help me for the past week or so. I just want the doctors etc to explain everything to me and my sister - sometimes I feel like they act like I am not here and that is stressing me out some. It is not what I had in mind, even though I know that they are trying to be helpful.

Love you guys -

Keep praying for sunshine smile

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace