I will be there in spirit. And I will send you some sunshine - I have had a couple of hours this morning.

Looking for info on the PEG replacement now - can they do it without needing to access your air way with a tube?? They want to replace mine on Monday since it keeps clogging, but my airway is constricted and they can't use a tube in it - the other option is a trach and I need to be informed if this is what we need to do so that I can be prepared.

I threw a little pissy fit this morning - everyone is talking around me, but not to me - I am still the patient here and although I have given them permission to talk with my sister that does not mean that they talk to her first. I've also had a couple of my friends that have been here sticking comments in to the visiting nurses as if I am not capable of telling them myself - I am going to have an INCREDIBLE HULK moment shortly if everyone doesn't back off. I'm not dead yet and I am not so ill that I can't talk for myself. There is bound to be a happy medium here someplace.

Have fun walking kids - do a cart wheel for me!! I would do one if I was there. smile

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace