Mom was given her invite for 1 pm on Thursday, come dressed to help we will be cleaning house today. Her immediate response was "well I can't stay long because I have sororty at 6 pm that evening" I replied that I thought that we would have plenty of time. I bet that she does not come. Her loss.

My friend that is visiting until tomorrow planted 3 rose buses and another flowering bush today by the front porch. It will be wonderful when they start blooming. I hope to get some flowers out and I purchased some Lily of the Valley for a shady area that I am turning into a healing garden. It will be very nice and I have always like the lily of the valley. There is already mint growing there so it is a very fragrant place to hang out.

I heard from one of my Aunts and one of my Uncles today. It was very nice to receive a note from both of them that they are thinking of me and some of the fun things that they remember about me being a kid. Or at least younger - I am still a kid.

Saw the doc today and got some scrips for the stool softener and the antidepressants. Then went to the organic food store and bought a bunch of different juices to try. I am going to go put in 2 more cans of Jevity now and then next week I will add another can. I plan to work up to 4000 calories per day over the next couple of weeks. I am at a little over 2,200 now.

I did increase the patch to .50 today. I just could not get the pain associated with this draining abscess under control. I am learning to control my pain which has not been one of my strong suites before now. I used to be tough - but I do not want to be a tough girl any more - just comfortable.

Hope that you are staying dry Jim - it sounds like it will be wet week - but we will get more flowers that way right?? I still have to plant some squash etc if it every gets nice enough to have someone till the garden. It has never dried out enough to do it yet. Sleep tight folks I am going to raid the fridge LOL

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace