Had a very nice first part of the week. Yesterday the apple tree was in full bloom. I hope to have apples this year. It is a golden delicious and they are wonderful cooked or in juice.

Juice is now my favorite drink. Blueberry is good, banana/strawberry is great. I add 4 oz of prune juice to some breakfast blend to try to stay ahead of the pain meds.

Managed to get more food in each day so that will help. Now I am focusing on learning when to take the pain meds to keep everything under control. I see the GP today about the depression. I had to stop my Effexor because it was time release so now we need to find a replacement. I am not a crybaby although I know that there are benefits to crying. Right now I just swell up sometimes w/o warning.

I am getting lots of drainage from the lower abscess still - changing the dressing 3 times a day at least and I could repack it more than once I just have trouble getting it started. Me and the doc will work this out this week so that all this icky can get out of me.

The recliner arrived today. Katie is not sure about lying in it with me yet. Marshall is all for it. My friends have been here and we have the dog arrangements started. One of my uncles was vet to Lettermen's dogs in CT and has offered to help if I need help placing them. He once had a Doberman that went down to the store at night and went shopping by itself and then the store owner would send him a bill. My aunt died from ovarian cancer last year and she was a remarkable lady. she lived 3 years longer than they predicted. The will is at the attorney's office so I can sign it on Weds. I am getting some peace of mind at least.

So happy to make you laugh Jim - laughter is very important you know. There is something to make you smile in everything. thank you Christine and Lori for thinking of me. Lori I pray for you and Ron each day. I hope that your journey is also fairly smooth right now. Suzanne, you old married lady - i can still feel your big smile clear out here in the fields since that wedding.

Two ladies from my church want to come and clean my house on Thursday so I invited my mom over with them so that she can help and learn a little about compassionate service. She doesn't know about the lesson plans yet. LOL

Well I am of to hook up to the pump for a couple of hours and rest some more. I sleep very hard so I am a more tired than I know.

Lots of love and hugs.

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace