Patty - When my husband initially was diagnosed there was question as to mets in liver and hip (long story there). Since we were having a meltdown as to whether or not there were mets, and therefore didn't have a clue as to what path to take, our rt guy explained that the Erbitux would keep things as they were pending the remainder of his treatment. The chemo nurses told me that they had several patients coming in for Erbitux for extended periods of time to basically hold things "in check". Being new to this I don't know if this is true, or if we were being patted on the head but I'm sure there are those on this forum that will chime in. As it turned out, there were no mets. Being the caregiver, and having been the caregiver in other situations, I would be pitching a fit until I got a scan. Insist, demand, do whatever it takes for you to be comfortable that you are getting the answers you need. If I were advocating for myself it would be the same. As far as "no need to spend the money" - it would seem to me that the cost of a scan you want for your own peace of mind is probably a drop in the bucket as compared to the cost of all the other treatment received?!? I know it would be for us. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your appointment.

CG to H with SCC BOT T4N2cM0 dx 12/19/08, teeth removed pre-tx; Erbitux & RT-done 3/12/09, PEG 2/9/09-7/14/09; ND 6/16. Pet 6/12-no mets except lymph node in neck removed on 6/16. Chyle leak,2nd surg to repair. Dilate esophagus 4/15/10. Clear PET 12/17/10