Patty, hope you get the help you need from the hospice people. It would greatly bother me too if I felt left out of the loop with my own health matters. Your road is very very difficult. Please lean on us if you feel the need, we are here you know that.

When do you do your feedings? I did mine overnight and that way my treatments didnt make it so I ended up starving myself. Thats the awful thing about not being able to eat properly, you cant just stop someplace and get something. If you do several cans at night then daytime could be a can in the morning and a can later in the afternoon. Are you able to tolerate the gravity or feedings with the syringe? Those are very fast but made me very sick even if I sat still for an hour afterwards. The second I stood up there went all my hard work. Also, do you have enough formula bags for the pump? I still have almost a full case if you want them I can ship them to you, just PM me your address.

Please be very careful to make sure you are doing your 5 cans per day. You will feel awful if you dont get the nutrition. I ended up in the hospital a few times for malnutrion and dehydration. I know its not easy doing the feedings, but at least you dont have to taste that stuff.

Hope you are having a good day today.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy