Charm,

Thank you for responding to my post. The recurrence is just awful!! Especially knowing that this is it. It will not get better from here.

I had an appointment with my ENT today and she showed me the CT scan that we did In April when we were hopefully that it was a dental abscess and I was able to see why it looked like an abscess. The cancer has actually invaded all the healthy tissue in my right jaw which includes the pectoral flap, my jaw bone on that side, the side of my face and my jaw. I have been thinking that the tumor was something that started out the size of a golf ball and then increased in size. I wanted to see scans or whatever it took to show me the growth so I could understand why my teeth feel like they are moving and my jaw and cheek keep changing the way that they look from day to day. With this big fluid mass of cancer they can not show me something like that. The ENT used a name for it, but because I did not write it down I will have to do some research to come up with it, In a nutshell though she told me that typically this cancer will move to the lungs or the bone and kill you from there. All I can do is wait nd see which one and deal with it.

I will look in the general section for the massage techniques. Anything that I can do that will make me feel better is welcome. I had a very positive meeting with hospice yesterday and it is very different than I had imaginied it. They currently have people in their program that have been there over 4 years. they were very focused on living and not on the dying part which really made me feel better.

Your post also made me feel better Charm. Keep your chin up too and I will keep you in my prayers,

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace