I am no expert patty but i think the three different scans(mri,cat and bone)each have there own area of definition(tumour,tissue,bone)and i guess they will all show fluid but they dont all define tissue and tumour.Lymphatic fluid is mostly diagnosed by physcial exam(soft and spongy and leaves an impression when pressed as opposed to tissue scarring which is hard and tumour which doesn't leave a indentation when pressed If the tumour is anywhere around the trachea(windpipe)then as it grows it pushes the windpipe off centre and narrows the width,reducing the oxygen intake (a bit like pressing on it with your finger)so you may feel you are gasping for breath.I think the point is if the last scan identified where the new tumour is situated then they should know from your symptoms how it is developing.I cant imagine why they are not discussing this with you.Sorry i cant help more.

liz

Last edited by Cookey; 05-14-2009 04:06 PM.

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.