Hi Geri,
My husband Ron had the same tx plan as Richard. Cisplatin x3 along with 7 weeks of IMRT. We tried many antinausea drugs. He did have some luck with Compazine in the beginning, but soon progressed to bigger guns including Kytril, which costs $100 a pill! Ron does not have prescription coverage, but thankfully we were given enough samples to see us through. He also got Aloxi before each Chemo, to help with nausea.
As your days progress, you will have more problems crop up than you know. It can be very scary, I know. Please make sure you are taking care of yourself too. If you need an anti-anxiety, do not hesitate to ask for them. They saved me then and I am now on them again.
If you would like to read our story from the beginning I do have a blog on the web. Just click on my name on the left and select Homepage. You can read what we went through. And please don't hesitate to contact me either here or my email if I can be of help at all! We are all in this together. I know that OCF saved my sanity more than once.
All my best,
Lori

Lori, cg to H Ron, age 56.
Stage IV Oral SCC-T1N2. Tongue resected and right ND 8/05. Teeth removed, PORT, PEG, IMRT x33, Cisplatin x3. Tx ended 10/05.
Recurrence 7/08 Stage IV. Surgery 8/30/08.
2nd recur. 11/08. 2nd surgery 2/2/09.
3rd recur. 4/9/09. Erbitux wkly. 5/09-?
Ron died 6/6/09.
Lori also passed away 8/20/11, colon cancer