Many thanks everyone for all your responses. Richard's sore throat is better this morning, so the RO was probably right about it being a virus. Especially with my scratchy throat. Anyway, it's a relief and hopefully we'll have a good day today. Gary, how do they determine if you get the 3rd dose of Cisplatin? At radiation, they take x-rays frequently and the RO approves before the treatment. I'll ask when we go in today for more info. David, what does (70gy) mean? The RO said that Richard was getting 1600? and the limit was 7000? I'll ask today when we go in.

One nurse said that they will probably only change treatment plans if the blood work doesn't look good. Another nurse said that they might not need to do the third, depending on the progress of the radiation. I might of misunderstood what she said with all the stress of the 1st chemo treatment.

Can they tell if the tumor has shrunk during the treatments or do you go through it all and wait until you can be tested again? I feel like I'm going around in circles with my information. It's like I'll ask something , get some answers, ask more questions, then forget what was said. If you can think of any questions for me to ask the RO today, please post.
Richard calls me his guardian angel( a very tired one) and we have become so much closer through this ordeal. Thanks, Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09