It appears your husband is having the same schedule as I did 7 weeks of IMRT and Cisplatin. I did a hearing test before Chemo , then after each treatment, as I was having some damage they spread the treatments over 2 days after the 1st dose. Everyone reacts differant to the treatments, compared to many I had a easier time but have no idea why. I did try and keep my caloric intake up , lots of water and I tried to at least walk some everyday. I had to start off at doing rads at 6:00pm for the 1st week then got slotted in mid morning. That worked great for me as I had about 70 mile drive each way and was able to avoid traffic. I normally drove myself so I was eager to stay out of rush hour time. Downside, at least at Duke was once in a awhile they would get backed up. There is a great section on the forum - Getting thought it project that has some great suggestions and ideas. Good luck and listen to all these wonderful people on this site. They are very smart, supportive and compassionate.

Bill Van Horn-53 ex-smoker, social drinker, Biopsy 8/24, Diagnosed 8/30/07 BOT T2N2-B MX Stage IV. Started treatments 10/1/07. IMRT 35 x, Cisplatin - 3 cycles - completed treatment 11/16/07. CT Scans on 1/15/08 all clear Selective neck dissection 1/28/08. All nodes clear.