Hi, Much thanks to all of you for your responses and info. The fluoride trays for Richard will be ready next week. Should he start using them before TX begins or wait? Also, to what extent did any of you have dental issues due to the TX? With the IMRT it seems as if they make every effort to really zero in on the cancer even though the whole area is affected. Did any of you have problems with silver fillings? His dentist did a cleaning and did some repair work and said he was good to go. Were anti-nausea drugs prescribed before the chemo or given during? I know he will be monitored, but chemo along with radiation is so daunting, especially after being so healthy all your life. The doctors were amazed that we aren't on any medications for anything. I guess that is unusual for people our age. Is there a difference in the damage to the salivary glands with BOT as opposed to tonsil or oral cavity? I know that I have a lot of questions and I'll ask the doctors, but all your feedback is reassuring and helpful. Thanks ahead of time ...Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09