Geri,

Welcome to OCF, unfortunately. You'll get a lot of great responses from great people. Personally, I liked my morning appointments...in and out as quickly as possible. I had one session at 1pm and it was a full house, patients all over the place.
Radiation was tough, drink 48 to 64 oz of fluid and 3000 calories a day--every day. Stock up on Carnation VHC it has 560 calories in one tiny 8 oz can. I was 215 pounds before tx and now I average 165 to 170 pounds and I lost a lot of muscle...I'm like soft or something. Taste will be completely shot, so have your husband pig out on all of his favorites. Good luck and stay strong.

btw, update your signature so it's easier to know what you and your husband are going through...that way we don't have to go back to your original post to re-read it and you won't have to repeat yourself.

7-16-08 age 37@Dx, T3N0M0 SCC 4.778cm tumor, left side of oral tongue, non smoker, casual drinker, I am the 4th in my family to have H&N cancer
8-13-08 left neck dissection and 40% of tongue removed, submandibular salivary gland & 14 nodes clean, no chemo, IMRTx35
11-4-08 Recovering & feeling better