Hi everyone... Thanks so much for all your advice and comments. Well, it looks like we are all set to go on Jan. 5th. The peg tube will be put in on Dec 29th. If any of you have advice about that procedure, let me know. The nurse mentioned that there would probably be some discomfort for a day or so. The first chemo and TX will be on the 5th. I was a bit surprised that the Dr said 4-6hrs. a treatment. With TX on the same day, it sounds very daunting. Did any of you lose the hair on your head from chemo. The Dr commented that there might be some thinning, but maybe not. He also said that some people have nausea and others don't. Richard is having only Cisplatin. Any advice about chemo would be greatly appreciated. We are pleased with the care so far and everyone has been very helpful. If the answers to my questions are posted elsewhere on this site, direct me there. I know it can get tedious to repeat yourselves with newbies. The reality of what we are about to go through is starting to sink in. I know we can't know exactly how Richard will respond, but we will be prepared with all the Biotene products, aloe vera jell and liquid supplements and anything else we can think of. I'm sure as time goes on, we'll be adding other things to help. I want to thank you all again for your help. The doctors can talk until they're blue in the face, but you really can't understand unless you've been through it....... Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09