Hi everyone... Deb and Lottie, thanks so very much for your responses. It means everything to know that you have gotten through this ordeal and are now at your "new normal." Knowing I can post with questions and concerns is quite a relief. I know everyone is different, but are you able to do anything when the symptoms are at their worst? I'm thinking that with the treatment one has to be very careful about infection or colds or even getting a cut. I guess we take it as it comes and try not to anticipate. I'm taking the advice here and making sure I have enough stuff to get started and stay on top of things. It seems like many of the posters have had other chemo drugs along with cisplatin. Richard is only receiving cisplatin and the protocol is 3x. I asked about weekly and he mentioned statistics etc. and went on to the next question. It's probably their standard treatment. Why do some people stop at 2x and does that mean that you still get the benefits? Do they base the chemo on your weight or is it a set dose? I'll ask the nurses these questions, but if anyone knows, let me know. This forum is wonderful and so full of info. I'm telling all the nurses I come in contact with to tell any of their head and neck patients to check it out. Deb, if your husband started eating within a few weeks, did he leave the peg in just to be on the safe side? What kind of activities can you do with a peg? I'll be posting with more questions and Lottie, I'm also a big planner and a bit compulsive about it. My husband is much more laid back and tends to take things as they come. After 40yrs.(Yikes!) of marriage we make a good team. Thanks again everyone and I appreciate any responses....Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09