Hi, Well today was the appt for fitting the mask and the CT for the mapping for IMRT. Everything went smoothly and we both feel comfortable with the doctors and level of care. We met with a nurse to review everything and set the schedule. He will start radiation on Jan 5th and have the 1st chemo treatment the same day. The peg tube will be put in about a week before. I have a couple of questions. The nurse made it sound like he would be quite ill from the chemo immediately and really commented about how awful he would feel. It's good to be realistic, but from all the reading I've done, I assumed he would have 2-3 wks before it all caught up with him. She also suggested that he starts using the feeding tube before he really needs it to practice and see how his stomach reacts. This seems like a good idea. Davidcpa, how did you go without a Peg and not lose too much weight? Next week we see the med oncologist and the GI Dr for info on the Peg. I would appreciate any feedback and advice. Also, how soon after the treatments did you all feel like you were over the hump? Thanks for all your support...Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09