Hi, Well, we made it through the first day. Deb, I had the same reaction you did and really had to keep it together at first. Seeing all those people sitting in the chemo room and realizing that Richard would be one of them was very difficult. Everything went smoothly and everyone there was very helpful. We actually felt fortunate that he is only getting cisplatin because many patients are given several chemo drugs with numerous side-effects. We went straight to radiation which went pretty quickly.
As soon as we got home Richard started his anti-nausea meds, rinsed with baking soda/salt water and applied aloe vera to the neck plus taking some high quality aloe vera internally. He will start using the biotene mouth products today or tomorrow. Maybe this is a bit early, but we want to get used to the routine.
I'm still confused about why some people have different treatment protocols when the diagnosis seems similar. The chemo seems to really vary.
Thanks to everyone who has posted with info. I'd love to hear more from all of you even though you've probably repeated yourselves numerous times.... Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09