Hi... My name is Geri and this is my first post. Three weeks ago my husband Richard, age 62, was diagnosed with SCC found with fine needle biopsy. After MRI, PET scan and other biopsies the diagnosis is TINIMO BOT. The radiation oncologist is very optimistic because the tumor is so small, less then 1/2 inch 1 cm. Also, he has no health problems, takes no medication, and is very physically fit and active. In fact, 2 weeks before the first diagnosis we were up at 9500 feet hiking in the Sierras. This has been such a shock and I have been on the internet doing much research to be as prepared as we can possibly be to get through the treatment. There is no better resource then all of you that have walked the walk and know what we will be facing every step of the way. I'll be asking many questions in the months to come. but right now I have a couple of questions to start. We are meeting Wednesday with the radiologist for the CT and fitting of the mask. Richard will have 7 weeks of IMRT and Cisplatin 2x or 3x during the radiation. I have my questions ready for this appointment, but if anyone has a suggestion as to some helpful questions to ask, I would appreciate feedback. Also, would you recommend AM or PM appts,. I think mid-morning might be a good time. We meet with the oncologist on Dec 15th and I'll also have questions to ask about the side effects of the Chemo. If you have Chemo weekly or in 2-3 treatments is there a difference in the side effects? I've been doing so much research that I do feel informed to ask the doctors' questions. It would be great to hear from anyone with any feedback at the stage we are at now and what we should ask at this point. Richard will have a PEG tube put in prior to treatment. I've learned so much from reading this forum and I want you all to know how much it means to us that we are not alone. I'll be updating with info and questions. Thanks, Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09