Thanks everyone for your comments. We've had a great weekend, taking 2-3 mile walks and going to REI. Almost like a normal Sat and Sun. for us. I do have a few more questions.
We are waiting for the Emend to be ready to pick up at our pharmacy. Are there any unusual side effects? I read on the internet about hiccups and hair loss. I'm thinking that the hair loss must be because of the chemo and not the Emend, but if anyone has any info about that, please post. Also, Decadron was recommended with the Emend and Zofran. This sounds like a good combo to try. I'm sure Richard won't feel well after the chemo, but I'm obsessed that we do everything possible to make it easier then the first time.

I would also like to ask anyone about how long it took after treatment ended before you started to get back to some normal activity. Not full speed, but able to start to do some things. We are avid hikers and bike riders and I remember David posting about his bike riding. David, when did you get back on your bike, even around the neighborhood? I know everyone is different, but Richard is in such good shape now, that I'm hoping that this will bode will for his recovery.

I'm also wondering about what the symptoms of BOT SCC with no nodes involved? If the node next to the TI mass hadn't popped up, we wouldn't of known anything was there. There were no symptoms and no visual evidence until the doctor did the biopsy. Even then, she had to really look to find it. Luckily, it was under a cm. but why would the node pop up if the tumor was so small? Also, I noticed that many people have the chemo even if the nodes are clean. Why do they put you through that if no cancer is detected in the nodes?

Thanks so much for any responses. I've learned so much here and will keep asking questions as we go through this difficult journey. Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09