Thanks for the update, Christine - I'm glad you have people checking in with you and helping with Matt's care. I'm awed at you emotional and physical strength and all that you've taken the initiative to learn about Matt's care. It's no wonder the radiation doc asked if you were a nurse! You have probably already earned an "Honorary degree" in nursing by now! You do need some sleep, though to be able to keep going. If a spare bed in the family room helps, by all means go for it! Let the housework go or just do the parts that show. About the puppy, it's been a long time since I had a puppy, and I don't know how young yours is, but what we did at night was put our puppy in a box just big enough for him to fit into with holes cut so he could see out and he was fine all night, especially after the cat came over and took a look at what was making the noise and walked away. Maybe a soft stuffed animal for him to cuddle with would help? Let us know what happens with your doc and the back adjustments. Hope you can get some replenishing sleep for yourself soon.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)