Hi Caroline
I haven't been on this site recently and just caught up with your posts. I can feel your pain and am so sad for what you are going through. Emmett is doing okay but I keep waiting for the next shoe to drop and he too has good and bad days emotionally. What happened to the fantasy (at least mine) of a close and loving relationship as we ride off into the sunset? Hospise told me that they wish they would be called in earlier to help, that most clients wait until the last weeks to call for probably the reason you said, afraid it means your giving up. From past experience it was the best call I made, like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I hope you can convince Matt to accept their help soon. Know you are in my thoughts and keep moving forward one day at a time knowing you are doing everything you can for Matt.

CG 2 Emmett,7/09 DX SCC rt tongue. T2N1M0, 1 node, marg neg.4/10 PET/CT clear, 9/10 C back. 10/10 Rad hemi, 2 tmrs mod diff. resec flr of mth. Flap 4 nodes/w/ext cap. 11/10 Peg, CX3 HD, 30 rad. 1/31 & 3/21 6/11/11 - PET/CT "activity" 9/11-all Clear. 12/11 peg out. 2/15 still all clear! 9/14 Prostate cancer treated with pencil beam proton therapy, best radiation experience. Keep it in mind as a treatment option for all tumors that can be seen including head and neck.