Sounds like Matt had a great time with the motorized cart! I can just picture him zipping around the store and enjoying the control it afforded him. grin I'm so glad you have some local support with the daughters. I'm sure it helps Matt to feel very well cared for, and the shared caring is good for you, as well. Sometimes caregivers need caregivers, too! Christine, you are definitely NOT slacking in your duties to "sweat the small stuff". My son sometimes felt I was "hovering" too much, also known as "helicopter Mom". Whatever feelings you have as caregiver are important so if you adopt the "Never let them see you sweat" mode at times with Matt in following his lead, you could still keep it in mind when you report the things that concern you to the doctor (like falling, hi temp, etc.) You are an awesome CG!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)