Oh, such a struggle it must be to leave the known for that unknown journey. I imagine the struggle he must be having within.
The hardest part of this current time is seeing him dip to such lows and then recover to a reasonably familiar state. I almost cannot believe that Friday morning ever happened.
It's really weird how my concept of time is completely gone right now. Friday could have been a week ago and two weeks ago seems like yesterday.

I slept today and had terrible nightmares. The death happened over and over in various places and I would miss it, then I'd see him again and be SO happy, and then it would happen again.
I woke up very shaken and unsteady just in time to hear my phone ring... It was my Grandma and Papa. I don't talk to them nearly as often as I'd like to and haven't seen them since Christmas 2010, but my Grandma did comfort me much and tell me how sometimes you have to assure a person that those they love are going to be alright and that they can go. (Yeah... tried it and got told to GO AWAY)
Grandma then mentioned my son and I coming to stay with her in Albuquerque. I would of course love to. She has been through colon cancer and has lived with a colostomy for several years. She now has congestive heart failure and is not well enough to travel. My grandfather is in fair health as far as I know, but I am sure taking care of her has worn him down.
Perpetual care-giving was sure not my idea of the plan God has for me, but then again, it's not MY plan. It's HIS.

All of our suffering, our pain, our challenges, they prepare us for Gods plan. Never doubt that. Even if you aren't an avid believer, He is working in your life, He loves you, and He will lead you to your calling.

I will update you all as the journey continues.

Goodnight,
Christine

CG to my husband, Matt. Dx June 2009 Stage IV Oropharengeal SCC right tonsil primary with distant metastases. Rad to neck- Surgeries to lungs- Every avail chemo - ran out of options Jan 2012, called for hospice help Feb 2012, at rest March 19, 2012.