Tamvonk
In aday or so I am goingto tell a little more of what I know about "positive closure". I only call it that because that is what braziliangirl called it. Thre flap seems to be well known for many talk about it. But no one says anything about positive closure and I am surprised, I know Charm is famililiar with it for he posted a link to more information about it. Braziliangirl had this positive closure technique done and I hope she comes back to tellmore about it for it seems no one else has gone through this procedure.

Does your husband eat by mouth or tube?

PaulB

Thanks for the info about Sloan Kettering. I am surprised that they pick you instead of you picking them so I guess I am going to havew a problem. It seems surgery is my only option. I may not deserve it or maybe can't afford it butif it must be done then it is my preference to have it done by the best in the world. Since I couldn't even get an appointment at MD Anderson Sloan Kettering is my choice. If they are #39 in ENT thenI hope being #2 for cancer means #2 for tongue cancer also and ENT dosen't matter.

My ENT says protocal is the same everywhere as to suggest it does not matter where you go. I can't accept that. Protocalmight be the same but those performing protocal can't all be equally capable.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos