Kerri

Thanks for those kind words. That is a good book about cancer.
Guess it shows that I had been a medical malpractice attorney demolishing doctors in depositions to the point where they'd settle. But just like criminal defense law, it was too depressing for me, plus I hated the firms making me ask clients: How much justice can you afford? That's why I switched to government enforcement.

Nocam

Yes, excuse my manners in not thanking you for posting those videos. Like they say: It's me, not you. From the enthusiastic tone of your post I was overexpecting some new technique. Shame on me for not taking it in the context of a Public Relations video on MSK's website instead of an oncological breakthru. Still, I felt it important to make clear to the OCF readers that checking the tumor size during radiation and adjusting the field is standard IMRT and not exceptional, even though not always explained. I of course demanded each week to see the scans and get a summary of the tumor size and effect of radiation which my doctors were glad to provide although they did mention that most patients don't want that level of detail . Goes back to my malpractice days.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 09-11-2012 04:32 PM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13