I wish so much that I would have found this site the day I discovered I had cancer and before treatment (before cancer would have been better) for it has given me info, understanding and so much help etc. as I move forward.

AnneO

I think it would be very difficult for anyone to tell me what hospital to go to. However, if someone made such a suggestion I would welcome their good intent and try to learn more for they may have told me about something or a place I should consider. All thoughts given are extremely valuable, as I move forward, for they enlighten me to considerations I may not of thought of otherwise. I believe I have already made some erroneous decisions but asking questions here will hopefully help me to make better decisions (it ain't easy) in the future. My major objective at the moment is to avoid the total lose of my tongue and voice box. One thing I know is that you can get differant suggestions from differant Doctors (learned that here) but I am hoping for consistant suggestions from various reliable sources that such sever surgery is not necessary. If necessary I must accept it but until then I want to know of any other options for that which is taken away can never be replaced.

One thing you mentioned that I can really relate to is your elimination of a one hour one way trip each day for treatment. My trip was +- 1 1/2 hours one way each day. The nausea, and ugly consequesces, I experienced in latter weeks from bouncing around in a car for that time made me want to give up. The distance was not so great but the stop and go trafiic made for a very long unbearable trip.

ConnieFL

I really appreciated your introducing me to Moffitt. One thing you mentioned that is interesting was their willigness to work with you locally so you did not have to stay in Tampa for treatments. Their reputation and ability to direct treatment from afar probably produced a better outcome and was a great convenience to you. I did not realize a cancer center would operate this way but with technology being what it is today it seems natural.

Last edited by nocam; 08-14-2012 06:04 AM.

2010 sore throat
Jan 2011 ENT no prob
Jun CAT no prob
July PET
July biop pos
July PEG

HPI (1-3) T2N1 squamous cell carcinoma right tongue base treatment chemo/XRT end Oct 2011.
Jan 2012 PET neg
June PET-18mm mass right tongue base pos to 7.2 SUV no nodes pos
July MRI.
July bio pos