Nocam

As I mentioned in your threads and many others, the marketing departments of the hospitals are running the show. One reason I critiqued those video links you posted was that they overstated the ability of IMRT plus they made it seem like the extra scans and xrays to independently track the tumor size were just everyday normal way of doing business.
As you have discovered, it's just not so. But I don't think it makes a difference in the end result. Even if they "see" the tumor shrinking to the point of "complete response", that is not proof the cancer is really gone. The marketing departments and the complicit doctors play games by using complete response in two different ways: There is clinical complete response (CCR), which means looks good and there is pathological complete response (PCR)which means the cancer isn't there. It does takes months to know if there is a CCR and only time can tell if there was a PCR. I've been told I've had a CCR twice now. It's meaningless so don't worry about it.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 10-16-2012 07:12 AM. Reason: typos

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13