The two places that do IORT in NYC are Memorial Sloan Kettering, and Beth Israel. I went to Beth Israel since MSKCC would not meet with me...Top cancer centers choose you, you don't choose them, and can deny treating, meeting with you, actually any doctor can for that matter, and some don't like treating you when someone else did, so if any say sorry, we can't treat you, there are always others. Anyway, I was very happy with my doctor at BI who pioneered this procedure at MSKCC, top in the country, and headed their radiation program at MSKCC, and all the doctors in the H&N surgery team there are top doctors from MSKCC and MT. Sinai anyway. I also believe Stanford, MD Anderson, Mayo Clinic, USC, and may others now that a portable machine can be used. If they do IORT they most likely do Brachytherapy too, which is another option.

I heard of a similar Intraoperative treatment, done with Gamma Knife, called Intrabeam IORT, but most are for breast cancer I seen, but someone on another blog was getting it in Indiana for H&N cancer.

I'm fine, no real limitations, but this was done on my neck, with a pec flap, so is different than BOT, but they do that also with IORT, and Brachytherapy.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo