Im here to help Barry, just let me know if you need anything and I'll do my best to help.

Its a very good sign to hear you are feeling so good!!! You will need to be in the best possible condition as you can going into whatever path you will be on.

When I was told to get my affairs in order back in 2009, I was shocked. I was feeling great, so good that I considered the biopsies to be a false positive. I had just finished a 25 miles bike ride with my son thru the beautiful Pocono Mountains and the next day I got the bad news. Of course, my thinking was not at all rational, it was wishful thinking and for a short time I was in denial that the cancer was back again! Knowing everything I had picked up from OCF websites and other members, I knew my chances of survival were slim. As the realization I had cancer... again, slowly sunk in, I started to focus on the positives. I already had my medical team. Since I was feeling so good, its a great sign. By feeling so good, that meant I was going into Round 3 strong, much stronger than I had been in at least 4 years. I would need that strength to survive such an invasive surgery that would be around 10 hours long. One of the biggest things I had going for me is the wonderful supportive members here who were in my corner. You too have many people behind you and who will be with you thru whatever route you take. To me, it really does help to think positively and know you too have a great many supporters from all over the world cheering you on.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma