When my husband was diagnosed, the doctor said that the Province’s mandated “wait time” for the start of treatment was six weeks. That was in 2015. I don’t expect that to have changed drastically. It was suggested to us to go to Sunnybrook treatment since we lived in Markham. We decided on PMH because my daughter lives on Queen Street which made it a much shorter drive to the seven-week, five days a week radiation treatments.

If you have further questions after you’ve seen your ENT, please feel free to post. I got a lot of valuable suggestions while my husband was going through treatment. It was like the forum members were holding my hand throughout.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.